Monday, June 3, 2019

Dammit!!!

I ordered blue Swoop. Dammit. I blame Hasbro, though I can understand why they’ve gone with a bog standard grey plastic rather than silver if they’re not making all of the Dinobots. But you expect better for a premium release.

Well, even if they had used the proper silver plastic it’s still nice to be able to keep the gold beak to match the Dreamwave Dinobot poster (which I have in my study).

Start again on giving up the eBay addiction...... Actually buying a second version of a character is something I'm desperately trying not to get into with Marvel Legends, turning figures into £40 figures is not a good idea if you can help it. With Marvel Universe it was part of the fun. Swoop though, is a Dinobot and therefore I have to have the best version possible.

Transformers is generally somewhere between Marvel Universe and Legends. I have been eyeing up the United version of Grapple for ages, generally I’m all about the toy accuracy, but for some reason the cartoon yellow/orange head appeals. I’d like a green chest for Fortress Maximus, but for both of those characters I can’t justify the cost, Swoop I can.

I opened up Professor X. I am very hyped about Legends X-Men figures now - the inner packaging has a picture of the 90’s cartoon team. If that’s not a hint about Jean Grey and Storm then I don’t know what is! Becoming hyped about X-Men I have reconsidered which characters I need. I am happy with my actual X-Men lineup, but doing some thinking around the villains, have concluded I need Mystique. I want a Brotherhood lineup, given I have (or will have) Magneto, Juggernaut and Sabretooth, I feel Mystique is a good addition since she’s a credible threat by herself, has appeared in most X-Men films and cartoons and is a rare female villain. I’m now banging my head against the table again as I consider eBay again. Dammit.


What about (white) Emma Frost? I’m going to add her as she was a main character in Wolverine and the X-Men, and Mister Sinister as well since he was the other key villain in the 90’s cartoon (as it happens the preorders have just popped up for him and Nightcrawler - yay!). I saw a rumour for Havok and Polaris Legends figures, for a moment I was sold. I then thought about my X-Men collection, I'm very happy with it. Those two characters have never been X-Men in anything I've seen or read, or in fact been of any importance.

I'm a bit torn generally on villain teams comprised of relatively less important characters - the regular Brotherhood, Sinister 6 and the Masters of Evil. I started investigating, but the prices for the Sinister 6 are incredible. I am happy with the characters I've already selected cover all of the key villains in the 90’s Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons as well as Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Really hope I don't revisit this decision. I have randomly added Dracula though, if they did a long hair armoured version of him, like Avengers Assemble, I would be unable to resist. Have to be honest with myself!

**********

Here's Swoop, looking good!


No comments:

Post a Comment