Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Large flat boxes

I've opened Ratchet. I knew I was already going to like him, but he's great, such a good mold! The arm transformation is somewhat reminiscent of G1 Inferno/Grapple in the way the arms tuck behind the cab for vehicle mold. He's fantastically chunky, I would possibly like an IDW red head and hands, but that aside, very happy. If I'm going to get one mold three times then I'm happy to make it this one. Bring on Crosshairs!


**********

I ordered the Legends Havok and Polaris set. I wasn't sure how much I wanted this, but I'm actually really excited. Havok's Universe figure didn't do much for me due to the costume, but this one looks great. Polaris also looks really good, suitably 90's. I think if Havok had been available in this costume in 3.75" then I wouldn't be collecting X-Factor in 6" form (I would still got Quicksilver and Forge though). Now where's Jean?

Have paid for Crosshairs, Spinister and Apeface. The 1987/88 characters are where my enthusiasm for Transformers is at now. Two characters closer to completing the Rebirth lineup!

I’ve also put in an order (no preorders left) for Snaptrap and Skalor. Really excited about Piranacon, he looks great. Along with Raiden he’s the last combiner I really want a figure of (very intrigued about the MP Raiden - a remold of Titans Devastator, or a smaller more detailed figure? Or something else?), though I reckon Takara might give the Victory combiners a go as with the possible exception of Landcross, they wouldn't even really need to do much remolding.

This combined with almost getting all of the Legends I want and Scorponok in his way, there doesn’t feel like much left. That said, I’m starting again with Turtles, Ghostbusters and Power Rangers, so will be going for a bit!

********

Have got a preorder in for Jean Grey and Winter Soldier. I suddenly feel quite organised, also with not buying Jean now I can order the second set of Seacons (I’ve got an order for the third set). In terms of Legends there’s only Strong Guy that I’m anticipating but that preorders haven’t gone up for yet.

Thinking about what I want to achieve with my collection next year, I actually want to get everything boxed up in large flat boxes so I can get to things easily - more easily than standing on a chair and peering at the back of my shelves. Will be good to get all the figures, accessories and instructions all in one place. Will try and get going in that over Christmas if I get time.

What a year, I’ve more or less completed Marvel Legends X-Men, Fantastic 4, Avengers and Spider-Man. I got a Titan Fort Max as well, all paid for by selling loads of stuff on eBay. At the same time as really cutting down on unplanned eBay purchases. Pretty successful! Hoping Crosshairs, Spinister and Apeface turn up before the big day. Happy Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment