Thursday, July 9, 2020

He's almost here........

Bought myself Netflix Megatron! When it was announced I looked at Lionizer and thought, ‘Oh look, a properly coloured Lionizer. That Megatron looks nice as well, but not really worth buying them again’. Then for a bit of fun I thought I'd check who Crosshair's Targetmaster is, given I have them for Misfire, Slugslinger and Triggerhappy. Turns out its Pinpointer who just so happens to be in the same set. So that I've got greatly improved versions of Megatron and Lionizer is just a bonus. I've paid almost £40 for a £5 Battlemaster..... Megatron looks incredible, he's Megatron number four (after Henkei, Hegemon, and Siege). I really can't see myself swapping again. The silver paint, the less offensive battle damage. The funny thing is I won't even transform it because I've already played with the Siege one and so have no need. Anyone need Siege Megatron?! (Or a black Lionizer which is widely available on discount.)


I’ve had a bit of a play round with Lionizer - I thought swapping the legs with the earlier one might make it look a bit more G1, but I think it adds too many colours. Swapping the energy effects is quite nice though so they match the eye colours - Lionizer and Nemesis Lionizer. (Despite Black Lionizer having one of the tiniest Autobot symbols I’ve ever seen.)


Due to Pinpointer I've also finally opened up Crosshairs. Similarly to Megatron I've not actually bothered transforming him. Similarly, it's still a great figure. I previously bought Titan's Return Orion Pax (who when he was leaked I'd hoped was Crosshairs as I liked the idea of Targetmasters as Headmasters), to customise as Crosshairs, but decided against it as the blue was a bit off and didn't fancy painting it. That mold was perhaps a bit skinny, this is perhaps a bit large, but it's great to have the character. Similarly to the Decepticon Targetmasters he's got a cartoon headsculpt, but I'm okay with the Grimlock look. Bring on Pointblank and Sureshot, I’m surprised how much I suddenly want them.


Some Transformers have been leaked, seems like Studio Series will cover the ‘86 movie anniversary, leaving part 3 of WFC to cover.... Beast Wars?! Deluxe Cheetor, Airrazor, Scorponok and Tarantulas, Voyager Tigatron and Terrorsaur, and Leader Dinobot please!

Super 7 have shown off Wave 3 of their TMNT, Michelangelo looks great. I’m really excited for all of their stuff, but would be good to, you know, actually get hold of some of it! Hopefully Raphael should be released soon. There were (at least) six Transformers reveals today, nothing doing for me, but apparently July is going to be a good month for Legends fans, hoping for (classic) Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange and Red Skull, and (X-Factor) Wolfsbane. Any of the Inhumans and Brotherhood would be a bonus!

Am about to pay for Scorponok! Wow, what a milestone. This feels like a really big deal, I'm really excited. He is for me the main character left without a modern update. Ever since Fansproject Chromedome was announced (in 2011 apparently), I've wanted to complete the 1987 cast - I think until then I didn't give it too much thought, there was Universe Hardhead (who seemed a bit rubbish), and BotCon Punch/Counterpunch, who I passed on because he was expensive and a pretty random character without some Headmasters to go with him. Scorponok is a particularly important character in the Marvel comics as well. Finally, my citybots (Metroplex/Trypticon/Fort Max/Scorponok) collection will be complete.

Left on the 1987 list are Throttlebots, and the previously mentioned Targetmasters (and maybe some Trainbots), but it's pretty damn close to every character from the US cartoon. My main collecting goal is every character from the US and Japanese cartoons (plus every main character from Beast Wars, including the Japanese series), but it's still an important goal for me. Victory Saber and Deszaras are a big deal, but other than them, the remaining characters don't seem all that important. Citybot wise, I think I could take a new Metroplex, and I'd definitely take a Black Zarak, but then that's that size class done with. Click, click, click, it's done!

In other less exciting news, I've been going through some more stuff. Whereas bagging up toys is quite straight forward, this is more tricky as it's my custom stuff. Finished customs I'm perhaps not that happy with, long since abandoned projects and not quite finished. Hoarded stuff ready for the next big project. I took quite a ruthless approach (eventually). One idea I had was to make a set of Terminator-esque animal robots - a bear, Sabretooth tiger, boar and a wolf. Based on the beast Pretenders, I thought it would be quite cool to make a sort of lab for Bludgeon. I made the heads and most of the bodies for them out of styrene rods, could have been pretty cool, but given a lack of a permanent display, is somewhat pointless, and maybe, just perhaps wasn't all that good. It's in the bin now. I also abandoned my plan to make a custom Paddles from POTP Sludge. I think generally customising Transformers and Marvel Legends is not a good idea. 3.75” is where it’s at for me.

Have popped an order in for Siege Rumble and Ratbat from China-bay, hope it turns up at they’re really hard to get hold of. As well as Siege Stakeout on Amazon. Hope to see them soon.

I’ve finally painted my Dracula custom, pretty happy with how the face and legs turned out, might repaint the torso armour a little. I’ve been planning him ever since a shadow picture of Quasar was released. It’s only taken me five years!


I’ve opened Mr. Sinister. The headsculpt is great, really like the grin. I’m not so keen on the cape, it’s very similar to the Marvel Universe one which I also wasn’t keen on. I only got him because he’s such an important villain for Cyclops and Jean Grey, but I think his stay on the shelf will be very brief. It’s time for the Blue and Gold teams, plus X-Factor, a little bit of Excalibur plus Cable. I might give Magneto a little more shelf time as well. Putting them out I have so many great figures, but I always find it quite hard not to put the Guardians, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Thing back out as well.


It’s been a good couple of weeks for opening things, will open Gambit and Jubilee soon, maybe Loki and Doom. Oh, and maybe SCORPONOK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment