Friday, March 1, 2024

Lego Turtles Lair

Finally opened my remaining Ghostbusters, despite preferring ‘Real’ options, these will do just fine.


Carrying on with the Lego Turtles’ lair. I’ve split this into four sections, the initial structure, rest of the structure, furniture, and finally, detailing. I ended up pushing the back wall back a little to allow room for the sofa and mat. I had to raise the floor to allow the mat to sit a bit more flush with the rest of the floor and so raised the tunnel entrances (by one row) to compensate. Need to add some furniture next. I may have started a small Brickowl addiction.




It’s now been six months with no Hasbro Transformers (and apart from Legends Spider-Man figures and Giant Man, no Hasbro anything). Luckily Lego has been there. Bought a couple of bits of Sonic Lego, got Tails with his plane (wish he had his old style just black pupil eyes), and Knuckles with master emerald. He has coloured eyes also but it’s barely noticeable.



******************


Managed to make good progress with Turtles’ lair. Made use of builds for sofa, armchair and TV from looking up instructions for other sets. Also managed to pick up signs which work pretty well. Got sticker to work as mat and got custom ‘one way’ sign. Bit of trial and error with tables but think they look pretty good. Almost there, need to work out how can add pipes but I’m starting to get distracted by thinking about the bigger picture. What if I made sewers/basements for all my modulars?




The Omega Prime Haslab has funded, which is great but it’s at the same time as I’ve popped in preorders for the Autobot 5-pack, Marvel Legends Zabu (with Wolfsbane and Ka-Zar), and the Amazon Mayhem exclusives. Seems like a lot of money quite quickly even if it’s a few months before things actually get charged and come out.


And finally, Snarf is finally here! He’s actually pretty great, reminds me of a ToyBiz Marvel Legend. So that’s Thundercats done (unless Mega Construx get involved, and I’m also done with Super 7 unless they do Octopunch and Stranglehold. Pretty exciting to have all the Thundercats!





No comments:

Post a Comment