Friday, February 28, 2014

Most Wanted

In previous years I've done my most wanted figures, I think it's at the stage now where it's a bit simpler.

There are a few characters I want/need a toy of, Marvel Universe Bishop and Classics/Generations Dinobots. They are the toys that when I look at my collection are missing. Planet X have hinted at a Sludge being their next toy, so we're getting there. I'd be fairly surprised if Hasbro didn't address the issue post AOE and DoFP.

Then there's a few toys which I'm not really that fussed about the characters, but they fill a gap. Inevitably most teams in comic books have a couple of top tier characters, and then a couple who are more filler characters. Defensor fits into this definition for me, the least interesting scramble city combiner, but the only one we don't have yet. Marvel Universe wise, Pyro and Avalanche. The brotherhood needs them!

Then there's a couple of characters who are a bit more out there, awesome characters, but are a bit more stand alone. Trypticon; if Hasbro created one in scale with Metroplex that would be great. One roughly the same size as G1 would also be fine though, perhaps a bit more WfC styled. For Marvel, I think Dracula and Odin would be amazing. (Odin needs to have a similar build to the Hercules mold.)

There are also toys which I'm happy to wait for, I'm in no rush with Masterpiece, but characters like Sunstreaker would be great, with Kabaya, a Scorponok would be cool. I'm sure eventually the 3.75" Batman, Mortal Kombat and Streetfighter lines will pick up again, and I'm sure we'll eventually get some decent classic Thundercats figures.

Finally, there are characters who have been hinted at, Sasquatch and Wendigo in Marvel Universe, presumably if they've started the design then it would be wasteful not to use them. The X-men line next year perhaps. Perfect Effect have suggested a Scorponok (which if it goes with Fort Max would be great). Mastermind Creations have hinted at an Overlord. TFC are doing a Defensor, though I don't think that's gonna work for me. Machine Boy (who!?) are doing a Sky Lynx. Xovergen are doing a God Bomber to finish God Ginrai.

Yep, it's an exciting time to be collecting, and I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff I'll be tempted by in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment