Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Movie Year

The Dinobots are in Transformers Age of Extinction, Bishop is in X-men Days of Future Past. I want Classics Dinobots and a Marvel Universe Bishop figures dammit!

Masterpiece Wheeljack looks awesome, I'm thinking I would have found it very hard to resist had I not already made the decision to collect Masterpiece. There's a suggestion (an image from a Japanese retailer) that the rumoured Nightbeat from the leaked Hasbro listings could be a repaint of Generations Jazz. I guess I can cope with that.

PerfectEffect's Warden (Fort Max) looks pretty good, I'm particularly liking some of the poses people have shown him in. A pretty fun dynamic toy by all accounts. I'll have to get meself one! Xovergen have shown images of their God Bomber, I passed on their previous Super Ginrai figure, but it's looking pretty damn good in combined mode as God Ginrai. I'm also keeping an eye on MakeToys Gears and Omega Supreme add-on, although I'm pretty happy with my Platinum Omega as he is and I'm hoping we see the (rumoured) Gears from Hasbro.

Speaking of Hasbro, Generations Arcee has been confirmed. Again, pretty happy with my Impossible Toys Delicate Warrior, but an official version would be gratefully received! There have also images shown of a Mr Potato Head Grimlock. Yup, that's the kinda crazy I'd like to add to my Grimlock collection.

I've got quite a lot of my figures on display now, pretty well spaced out with room for the few characters that haven't had Classics incarnations yet. I've included Beast Wars with them so have got separate shelves for the US series as well as the Japanese BWII and BW Neo. Unicron has pride of place standing over the Neo figures!

I picked up the one Neo character who isn't available from Sonoking - Heinlad, I really like him, he's very Japanese which I enjoy. I think I might keep him in animal mode holding his lanterns.

I've picked up quite a few Lego minifigs - Yoda, Palpatine, C-3PO, R2-D2 and a custom Punisher, Carnage and Ghostbusters. They're pretty damn cool and once I pick up the Millennium Falcon with the other original trilogy Star Wars characters it'll be fun to do a few photos. I am in equal parts gutted and delighted with the recent Cuusoo announcement of Ecto-1 plus minifigs, gutted because I've wasted money on customs, delighted because I'll get an official Ecto-1 to go with. On balance, I'm very happy about it!

I had an somewhat epic trip to pick up a large shipment from UPS, missed the original delivery so thought I'd go and pick up the parcel in person, on foot........ Thing about parcel depots is that they tend to be on trading estates, in the middle of nowhere. Ended up going almost two miles along a path along a train line, only to find a puddle about half a foot deep! With no way to get round and obvious that my shoes would be completely submerged, I remembered that I had a spare pair of socks in my bag. I took off my shoes, rolled up my trousers and walked through! I took the wet socks off, put the dry ones on and carried on my way!!! Trading estates are very strange places, seemingly inhabited but with no one around. I found the UPS depot and got my parcel. (I got a taxi home!)

The parcel contained FansProject Diesel and Mastermind Creations Headstrong and Tantrum. I've heard combining Menasor is a pretty epic task but from pictures looks well worth it! Yay. Feral Rex, come on down!

No comments:

Post a Comment