Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A bit crazy

I've done something a bit crazy. I've bought three extra supersize Thunderbird 2 sets! I got them for twenty quid a piece so pretty cheap, that now gives me a total of 6 pods... I have achieved a childhood dream!


I have managed to find time to complete a couple of customs - Octo-Spider and Man-Spider! I now have the complete line up from the multiverse episodes of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon! Pretty happy with how they turned out.


Masterpiece Megatron has been confirmed! It looks great but I'm holding back on pre-ordering for some reason, mostly money I think despite having sold a few things recently and so have some funds to play with. Equally I'm holding back on ordering a few other things I wanted for a while. I'm feeling much happier with holding off and waiting for a bargain to pop up.

I've bought the BAF Dormammu from the 6" Legends line, he looks great, I did briefly consider a 3.75" custom kit but as an oversized figure he looks great (he can change his size so either would have worked really). I'd quite like a 3.75" Benedict Cumberbatch head sculpt to go with my Avengers with MCU heads. [What's that?! My wish came true. A time travelling Strange from the future?! Someone's been pissing around with a time stone again...]


Despite claiming that I'd planned all the customs I could think a couple of months back, I've started watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes again and have been inspired. Surely no more though! I'm slowly finding time to work on customs again, and I think it's the team members I want to focus on - Inhumans, Guardians and Brotherhood of Mutants. For the time being though I'm working on a comic Malekith.

I have finally decided to open Masterpiece Starscream! Yep, 10 years after the original was released I have experienced the mold. Based on photos I wasn't sure whether I'd like the figure, in person I do like it. I'm not sure about the headsculpt, something doesn't seem quite right and I'm not a fan of the platform feet, but overall it's a solid figure. I have reaffirmed my decision to pass on Skywarp and Thundercracker. I think in this era of cartoon based figures, he doesn't quite fit. If they redo him and I like the mold then I'm all up completing the trio, for now I'm content.


I've bought the Combiner Wars Perfect Effect Computron head, gun and chest upgrade. The head is great, it's good to get of those bendy ears, also the mouth rather than a faceplate is more distinctive and toy accurate. The gun was very much Silverbolt's gun so it's great to replace that. I've stuck with the existing chest as I'd rather not have parts left over when I transform him. Not that I ever transform my toys after first getting them. Expensive for what it is, but worth making him more than a Superion repaint.


No comments:

Post a Comment