Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy New Year!

Transformers Classics started off as 1984/85 characters with some fan favourites from later years (Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus). As Classics turned into Universe and then Generations it became 1984/85/86 with fan favourites from later years. With Titans Return it's become 1984/5/6/7. With the sole exception of Scoop all other later characters have been some what opportunistic repaints. So will they extend it to 1988? I really don't think so, they'll have done Overlord and God Ginrai (whom I have just got, looks great, can't wait for God Bomber), I don't think there's enough interest for those characters (those characters being Pretenders), they will do some of the double Targetmasters (e.g. Quake) and headmaster juniors when they're convenient repaints, but otherwise it's time for the beasts. That said, I didn't think they'd do the 1987 characters, we're getting figures I never thought I'd see! There's a sense of no figure is off the cards and that's exciting.


I bought an Avengers Assemble Falcon as I wanted a more modern costume for him (read, more EMH). He's quite chunky, and I think I might get rid of the stripes he has, but it's amazing how good the Avengers Assemble line was in retrospect - I've also a Leader, Black Widow and Iron Man from the line. I've popped a movie Falcon head onto the figure (I was going to use it for another custom, but it didn't fit).


I finally got round to opening my Titans Return Galvatron, he's a decent size, great sculpt, but yep, severely let down by the headmaster gimmick. So unnecessary, so will look into a Shapeways upgrade for him.


I got my Panthro, great sculpt. He looks amazing with Lion-O and the twins. A few rumours are emerging about a deal by Super 7 to get the Thundercats license. Super hopeful that they put out the remaining Thundercats. (And for other collectors' sake, mutants.)


Photos have come out of wave 4 of Titans Return, Broadside, Quake and Chase look great, just hope I can get them!

I've been quite prolific with customs over Christmas (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year by the way!), I've completed Odin, given Hydro-Man his classic look, given Iron Man a bit more paint and given Black Panther an EMH makeover (the sculpt is perfect for it). I've also completed Toad, Pyro and Avalanche. They still need a bit of work (Pyro needs his flamethrower backpack for instance), but fairly happy. Going to take a bit of a break now to sort a few things I've been putting off out (like publishing this blog!).






No comments:

Post a Comment