Saturday, May 11, 2019

Fourth Fortress

FORTRESS MAXIMUS!!! I've bought Legends Fortress Maximus. I’ve bought Fortress Maximus. Really can't get enough Legends! I'm very excited as he was the really big one from my list of wants. Like Ironhide, he's the fourth toy I've had of the character (G1/Perfect Effect/Kabaya).

There is a somewhat dark side to this story. Before selling some stuff to make this purchase, I actually applied for a credit card to buy it. Holy shit. Luckily I was refused, I think I entered my monthly income incorrectly, maybe I did it on purpose. I was actually slightly relived when I saw it had been turned down, that’s seems pretty weird to me.


It was my classic behaviour, I saw a good price. I thought I wouldn't see it again for such a low price and I had to have it. It was still available a few days later and all is good. I am very excited, obviously. Normally I add in some comment about what else I need after saying I've bought something, so Scorponok and Star Saber. I'm fast getting to the point where I actually have to change - I'm running out of things to sell.

***********

Despite this self examination, I decided I wanted Fortress Maximus in September last year, so it’s not an impulse purchase. If I’m going to change then after Fort Max is a fine time to start, that said, that’s the same logic as an alcoholic having one last bender before going teetotal. It's a year where IDW Transformers, MCU and Star Wars are coming to end of their current arcs, so perhaps it's a good time for things to end. I’ve got a wave of X-Men coming soon, a few Siege and some 80th anniversary Legends coming in the Autumn. Need to be organised and save the money.

Speaking of which, preorders have just gone up for the second wave of Marvel Legends Avengers. Mark VI War Machine and Rescue! (That was what I was hinting at wanting last blog!) Yay! Was hoping for a Mark IV, so that seems a little less likely now. I’d also like an Mark 85 Iron Man, but I wonder whether we might get something in the 80th anniversary line so they can put in a few extras. I’ve passed on Loki for the time being, I do want him but have to prioritise.

I've quietly added Mandarin back to my wish list for Legends, he's Iron Man's archenemy, he's needed! But, overall I’m in a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment