Wednesday, May 1, 2019

End of the journey

I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't added any toys to my want list. I've not been so 'preoccupied'. I have spent a bit of time thinking about whether I want various figures, Juggernaut for instance, but taking them off the list rather than adding to it.

Despite this I have decided I want to get the NECA cartoon turtles which cost a pretty penny, and would probably equate to about 9 Marvel Legends figures (which if I added to my want list I'd probably give myself a hard time).

I am going to struggle to buy everything I want, but I have started thinking about my priorities - Thor, Hulk from the 80th anniversary line, Nightcrawler from the retro line. No preorders yet though.

************

Endgame. It’s the end of the journey. Phenomenal. You can say anything is good given the right caveat, but if you are invested in the MCU films, then this is best film ever. Sad, exhilarating, funny, emotional. I think I felt just about every single emotion. It is the end of a journey, which started in 2008. My life has changed so much in that time, that adds to the emotional weight. I’ve never spent so much time after seeing a film thinking about it. Three hours of pure escapism from the real world, I just can’t escape from the film!

This is the film that Revenge of the Sith should have been, the end of a saga, the end of the characters journeys, closure. Both films left me feeling emotionally drained, this one just did it in a good way. (I actually quite like ROTS, but it wasn’t satisfying the way it should have been.)

I don’t think we will ever have another film like this, the 22nd film of 22. I don’t think I will ever be so invested again. I love the characters, I love the universe. I will buy the box set and watch them all over and over again. (I’ve just bought Infinity War on DVD!)

I think I can add the 80th Mark 50/Iron Spider set on to my priority list, and I really need Mark 85 and War Machine Mark IV and VI figures! And while we’re on the subject, it occurred to me there’s another armour I now also need. A nice box set perhaps?

I like the idea of having one armour per armour wearing character, per film. This is mostly just a way of justifying to myself not to get the Mark I, II, IV and V armours, but given Bruce Banner uses a Hulkbuster armour in Infinity War, it sort of works! (And some armours are used in multiple films.)

***********

I bought Legends Green Goblin. I am caught up again. One more Legends on my to get list - Gamora. I also want to get Arnim Zola, which is technically two, but I want him for my 3.75” display, so I’m going to count him separately. I want Fortress Maximus for my Classics display, so it’s one figure for each of my three largest collections. I’m in a good place, just can’t get Endgame out of my head!



No comments:

Post a Comment