Wednesday, August 26, 2026

So Shiny!

SDCC then. Nautica looks okay, Lego Nightcrawler’s not what I want so I’ll revert to my earlier plan of getting the Advent Calendar to get Doom. McFarlane showed off Klassic Smoke and all the P2 colours for the next lot of releases. Conventions definitely not as exciting as they used to be!


I recently found out about ZD Toys, they make fairly high end Marvel figures (better than Legends, not quite Hot Toys). They’ve done a good few main characters, but they’ve also made just about every single Iron Man armour. Me want. I did briefly consider buying ‘all of them’, but that would cost several grand and so thought better of it. They’re also 1:10/7” scale so they don’t strictly work with Marvel Legends. That said, some of the MCU armours are supposed to be a bit bigger so you can sort of fudge it. There are a few which are a bit bigger, but rather than get all of those, I decided just to get the ones which I had on my want list - specifically the Mark 37 Hammerhead armour and Mark 48 Hulkbuster.



They’re painted with metallics so a bit more fancy than Marvel Legends, but I thought I’d give them a go. (The Hulkbuster even has lights!) I’m not sure why the Mark 37 appeals to me so much (green is my favourite colour mind). I look at it and think, that looks cool, I need more! But I just don’t really like the other armours that might work scale wise all that much, and I’m reluctant to replace ones I already have even if the scale is better. So I will just try and enjoy these ones.




I went to watch the new Spider-Man film, very much enjoyed. Though I haven’t really thought about the MCU as much recently, I’ve enjoyed the last few films - Fantastic 4, Thunderbolts, and the Doomsday trailer looks epic. I’ve found it hard to get going on some of the TV shows recently but the trailer for Vision Quest also looks good.


Missing link Grimlock! So good I bought two. It looks great, a genuine joy. Could well be my figure of the year. I put my original G1 figure in the packaging to create a display of both modes plus MIB. Living the dream!






I have a lot of amazing toys, but I have so many their true amazingness is diminished by the sheer number I own. I have slowed down a lot though so hopefully I’m able to appreciate them a bit more. It’s eye opening looking at my spending from five years ago, I’m in a very different place now.


No comments:

Post a Comment