Friday, May 8, 2009

Thoughts for the Week

Another week and my magic number of figures still to get is down to 10. I'm gonna take a break for a few months now, but my G1 collection will be finished before the end of the year. (2010 New Years Resolution - spend less..........)

In the meantime there's Botcon at the end of May - I've got my eye on the exclusive Razorclaw figure, looks pretty awesome, could be a bit pricey on the secondary market though. It would be great to have Classics/Universe updates of the Predacons but for the time being a repaint of Leobreaker will do. It would be good to also have a Hun-Gurrr from Cybertron Scourge ala the Legends repaint, maybe, just maybe.......

Then there's the new 'Device Label' Transformers from Takara, Blaster looks like he'll fit in the Classics/Universe line nicely. There are also Grimlock and Ravage figures in the line, as two of the most well known 'Primatives' they tend to get the most figures/homages in new lines. I've subconsciously started collections of these characters and so when new figures come out I'm always tempted by them. Not sure about Grimlock, but Ravage works pretty well. Might have to pick him and Blaster up. Hopefully there might be a Steeljaw repaint too. (Tigatron - WTF!?)

So Grimlock and Ravage figures, here's as many as I can think of... Green I've got, red I want to get.

Grimlock

  • G1
  • G1 Pretender
  • Action Master
  • G2 Blue
  • G2 Turquoise
  • Beast Wars
  • Armada (Beast Wars repaint)
  • Energon
  • WST G1
  • WST G2 Blue
  • WST G2 Turquoise
  • Alternators/Binaltech
  • Classics
  • Robot Heroes
  • Animated Voyager
  • Animated Automorph
  • Masterpiece
  • Device Label
  • Hybrid
Ravage
  • G1
  • Beast Wars
  • Transmetal
  • Transmetals 2
  • Alternator/Binaltech Corvette
  • Alternator/Binaltech Jaguar
  • WST
  • Robot Heroes
  • Universe
  • Movie
  • Device Label

Movie Ravage looks a bit like it has a Alien/Predator influence, could be my one and only Movie figure. I'm thinking about about a G2 Blue Grimlock (so between original G2 and WST I've got both G2 colour variations). For Ravage I'm thinking of the Transmetals 2 and Jaguar Alternator figure. I think I'll see how my collections looking by the end of the year before I decide to add them to the 'To Get' list. Must finish G1.............

And in other news there seems to be a couple of nice looking figures coming soon in the Wolverine: Origins line - Cyclops, Iceman, and a Blob - Sabretooth two-pack. Hope to see them soon.

Whereas the Marvel Universe and Wolverine: Origins lines seem to be firing on all cyclinders, the DC Infinite Heroes line seems to be barely moving. BBTS still don't have Batman in stock, and with no sign of the Joker or Nightwing, I'm hoping to see them in shops here soon. Rumour has it they've been seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment