Monday, March 4, 2019

Better version?

Having upgraded/replaced Shockwave, who was a prime candidate for a better version, Hound, and gearing up to replace Ironhide, I've been thinking who else needs a better figure. I’m still undecided on Springer.

Top of the list is Sludge. He need need needs to be a voyager. Maybe leader. Slag and Snarl should probably be voyager, Swoop maybe even. But Sludge needs to be big. He looks up to the triple changers. That's not right! Sadly I think an oversized KO is my best hope.

The other four I admit are not nearly so needed. Starscream and Cyclonus. Having them the same size as their respective leaders makes sense, but in both cases, what about the other jets? What about Skywarp, Thundercracker and Scourge? And in fact, Sunstorm, ghost Starscream, the sweeps? I'm happy with those figures! (I'm also happy with the coneheads being deluxes.) Maybe just Starscream and Sunstorm then.

Similarly, Blaster. I've currently got the device label figure who's a fairly good size. He needs to be the same size as Soundwave, so a slightly bigger figure will be needed. Though with voyagers being a bit smaller now perhaps it won't matter too much. I'll see how it looks when I get Soundwave.

Finally, Hot Rod. One of the last 2006 Classics figures still in my collection (I think Ramjet is the only figure who's place is safe). A more modern expressive version would be nice.

Devastator gets an honourable mention since he’s great, but I still wouldn’t mind a figure in scale with the other non-Predaking combiners.

************

I’ve got my preorders in for the 2019 X-Men wave. Beast, Gambit, Jubilee and Forge. Can't believe how good that wave is!

Nothing too crazy on the Toy Fair reveals front, Thor and Nightcrawler top of the list. Updated MCU Iron Spider and Mark 50 Iron Man, dammit!  I think I’m going to pass on Siege Jetfire and Omega Supreme. Really hope that’s not a decision I regret.

I’ve bought a few bits and bobs. As well as a fair few preorders, I’ve bought some ball joints for my ongoing Kintaro custom, a 1:18 scale scooter (in red), POTP Windcharger and Titan’s Return Ramhorn. Generally I have concentrated on selling so have calmed down a bit on the Legends. (I may also have settled on what figures I actually want. Maybe)




No comments:

Post a Comment