Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Sort it out

I've made sense of my collecting, here goes: collect all characters such that I can make any team or group from favourite films/cartoons/comics (primarily Classics Transformers and 3.75" Marvel). For my important/favourite characters/teams get them in a larger more detailed scale (Masterpiece Transformers and Marvel Legends). For absolute favourite characters collect all figures (Grimlock, Ravage and Iron Man, plus auxiliary characters - the other Dinobots, cassettes and armour wearing characters). Collect micro sized figures to complete teams not available or too expensive (WST/Lego/Megabloks/Minimates). Here's a bit of Grimlock and Ravage appreciation as I'm just bagging them up.



I've also bagged up my Action Masters, they've really grown on me as characters since reading Lost Light, particularly Mainframe.


I realise what I find more troubling than not having a figure or team, is just having a couple of members. I think what's needed is a few box sets just to tidy things up from the smaller size classes from Prime Wars. So, what I would need is a boxset of the three remaining deluxe Insecticons with (legends) Eject, plus Toraizer and Hosehead Titanmasters, then another boxset of the five remaining Throttlebots with (Primemaster) Waverider and Stranglehold. Only a couple of the Throttlebots and one Insecticon would need new molds, and a bit of remolding for Stranglehold. Sort it out please Hasbro!

I’ve taken a picture of my Ark crew, not an easy picture to take. So I had started to change my mind on Earthrise Wheeljack and Sunstreaker, but now I’m starting to think Jazz and Tracks could also benefit from an update.




I'm working from home now and a new thing I've started doing is Transformer of the day, I pick a random figure to sit on my desk. Jetfire, IDW Fortress Maximus and Alternators Ravage have all had the nod. It's good to do a bit of appreciating. Ravage is a particularly great figure, and because of the size, one of the best headsculpts.



I opened up my final two 3.75" Marvel figures - Ulik and Whirlwind. They're both fairly minor villains, but since they both appeared in A:EMH are needed for my collection.



I've also opened Ptero (headmaster Swoop), would have been cool to get the whole Dinobot team, but he's pretty cool. I must admit I sort of forgot about it.


Earthrise Starscream has arrived. My first Earthrise figure! I’m so glad I made the decision ahead of its reveal that I needed Voyager seekers. It’s like a mini masterpiece. A scaled up version of the deluxe was just what I wanted, the transformation is slightly more complicated - the forearms took me a little while to get right. Looking forward to getting Skywarp and Thundercracker.


I'm thinking about what figures to keep at the moment. It occurs to me that it's no longer about keeping the best figures, I think I need to be more strict than that. I have got rid of great figures in the past though, Jetfire and Omega Supreme stand out from G1. Bumblebee from Classics, Onslaught from Universe. The Combaticons from Energon/Universe. The Cybertron Defence repaints from Cybertron (I still have Scattershot as Countdown). Third party wise I think Mastermind Creations Predacons. I'm about to add a lot more names to that list, but I think I'm more likely to keep a figure if it's an entirely different character.

Okay, I’m sold on a voyager Scourge now after taking these pictures. G1 Scourge needs to hold his own! I sort of like the idea of Scourge being smaller because (in my mind) he/they were created from the Insecticons, but really he should be the same sort of size as Cyclonus. In a few weeks I’ve gone from being entirely happy with my early Generations figures to thinking they pretty much all need replacing!



No comments:

Post a Comment