Thursday, April 18, 2019

Main Characters


I was reading about the history of Marvel. They included a list of superheroes, check, got them all as Legends. They also included a list of supervillains. I don't have them all, I need them all. I have decided therefore to do a swap, I had Leader and Mandarin on my wish list. I'm going to replace them with Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Ultron. There's no Ultron figure available at the moment that I like (I do have the head that came with Vision), so he'll go on the 'wish' list, but the other two have had figures in the last couple of years. I will wait until the Legends X-Men wave comes in first though as that's going to be quite a bit of money.

I feel disappointed to start again, it was quite satisfying to feel like I had caught up. I suppose I haven't changed the number of figures I plan to get by much, just swapped a few in. And by waiting I will have slowed down a bit. Try again.

Incidentally, there are very few figures I have or want not on that list, the Inhumans are only heroes, Sabretooth, Juggernaut and Carnage are the only villains. Not bad if I was aiming to just get the main characters (I think I am).

**********

Anyway, I opened the Hulkbuster set. What a beast! He's a very good weight, even without the Marvel connection, it's a cool looking mech. He looks amazing with the paint apps, glad I got this version (I had an offer on eBay turned down for the BAF version). An incredible addiction to my armoury! There's something about very small and large toys which makes them more appealing.


And I didn't wait, saw a good deal on Doc Ock on Amazon and jumped on it. Hope the invoice for the X-Men doesn't come in too soon. Try try again.
I don't know whether I can decide not to get something. Once it clicks, it gnaws away at my being. I could try not taking in the media which inspires my collecting, but then I have a fear that I will eventually want it anyway, but end up paying more. It's the sort of fear which eBay thrives on. But if past experience is anything to go by, eventually I work out everything I want and stick with it. It is an iterative process getting, add some things, take them away again. Add them back again. What I'm also not sure about is when I do get everything I want from Legends, what's next? Is it inevitable that I'll find another line to collect?

Really looking forward to the 80th anniversary stuff, but man, is it going to be expensive! I want a lot of stuff from it. I’ve been thinking about the nature of how I decide I want things. There’s stuff that I’m aware of, then one day it becomes something I desperately need - suddenly it completes a set, or the character does something where they become more prominent. It’s very hard to budget for! It’s also very easy to say I’m not going to add anything else to the want list when I can’t think of anything I might add.

I realise with Siege, I haven't actually got any new characters, a new version of Flywheels, Sideswipe, Hound, Megatron, Shockwave, Ironhide, Prowl, Soundwave, Reflector and Springer, but no new characters. Reading over some of my old posts, that was what I was predicting back when the first line of Generations was announced.

Medusa arrived, here she is with Black Bolt. They make a nice duo, though would be nice to have the rest of the Royal family (or at least Lockjaw).


My 'final' 3.75" Marvel figures have arrived, the Mark IV, V and VII. I'm sure there will be plenty more, but I'm caught up for the time being.


Sabretooth has also arrived, and meh. I’m a bit torn, on the one hand I want my Legends collection to stand on its own if I got rid of my 3.75” figures, on the other I like the idea of having the ‘main’ characters in Legends and the other characters as 3.75”. It's often hard to tell whether you want a figure until you have it in hand. Another for eBay I guess! I will sell him off, which balances out my adding Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Ultron to my wish list.


I’m a bit torn on Juggernaut as well, it would be neat if I didn’t want him (or Carnage), but he’s one of my favourites - I have two Universe figures (helmeted and not-helmeted). I want Colossus so I will get Juggernaut in hand and then decide, crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment