Monday, April 8, 2019

Mean dudes!

I've bought Blade and Thanos! The day walker and mad Titan, I'm not quite caught up with the figures I want, but I'm damn close. I've got all of the absolutely must haves, there are a couple of characters where I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm aware that there are several Marvel Legends and Transformers Siege coming soon, so I'll take a bit of a step back just to make sure I've got the funds.

Iron Fist has arrived, he was a bit more expensive than some other versions of the character, but I like his khaki green and gold colour scheme (though I suppose they're Hydra colours really), combined with some great accessories for a variety of flaming fist options. With the gold yellow, he's another one who really pops off the shelf. A perfect toy of a comic book character! Luke Cage arrived shortly after. He's from the Defenders boxset (as was Daredevil), I did consider the Netflix version since in virtually everything I've seen, he's in more causal clothes. But he featured in the Transformers crossover, and I prefer comic book figures so I went with this look. He's great, the build and look is right. Heroes for Hire are complete.


As are the New Avengers from A:EMH. This picture makes me very happy.


I've bought the Legends Hulkbuster armour! I opted for the 10th anniversary version, since it has the darker red plastic plus extra paint applications for about the same price. It came with a free Hulk! It completes my MCU armoury collection. Well, sort of. Once they showed off the 80th Marvel anniversary version of the Mark 50 armour at Toy Fair I sold off my original version (which was the first Legends figure I bought, not including figures I bought for my 3.75" collection). This is my fourth Hulkbuster armour - 3.75", Lego and Select.

*********

Thanos has arrived, the paint and detail is amazing on both - metallic blue. I often ask myself what the Legends version of a character gives me over the 3.75” version, and that is very often a much improved paint job, similarly to Apocalypse really. Two mean dudes!


I’ve bought the SDCC version of Black Bolt, I previously had the blue version which does have a better headsculpt, but there’s a feature of Black Bolt which I needed - him to be wearing Black! I've got Medusa coming as well. I’d like all of the Inhumans, but I'm mostly getting them because if they ever released a Lockjaw I would definitely need them.

That’s me all caught up on Legends, sort of, I still want to get Sabretooth but since he’s still fairly readily available then it’s not really catching up. (Catching up is code for eBay is the only place it’s still available!)

I've seen a photo of the new Mark 85 Iron Man armour, really need a Legends version of it! I've also seen photos of the Upcoming Dai Atlas set. I've paid it for it already so hopefully should have it soon. Looks like a few concerns about it, but looks amazing. I love all of those Japanese G1 characters, really need a Victory Saber and Deszaras! (And Leozack.) This might be some optimistic thinking but the fact we haven't had Victory Saber (or even Star Saber) in (Transformers) Legends yet suggests we will get one from Hasbro - we've got Dai Atlas and Star Convoy, surely Takara would have had a crack at him otherwise?

Speaking of which, they've shown off some official photos of Star Convoy, I was quite excited, but it's not working for me. I think he's a bit too skinny. What is much more exciting is the prospect of Snaptrap. Piranacon would be awesome! I hope with new Takara line that they take a go at Minerva (and the rest of the missing Masterforce characters).

************

I’ve got Legends Black Bolt. In black. Not too many surprises really. I've now also got a couple of boxes to open - Professor X, the Hulkbuster set and Dai Atlas. There's something about large sets that I often delay opening them. Maybe I'm a little burnt out. Hulkbuster looks great through the little window though, glad I got him.

Blade arrived. He's a vampire with a sword, so it's hard not to like him. I intend to display him with Doctor Strange (when I get one) and Ghost Rider as a little Midnight Sons team.


I've also bought the Iron Man 2 3.75" Mark IV and V figures, and the Avengers Mark VII, I've been meaning to get them for a while since they're too expensive to get the 6" versions of and I wanted them in some form.

And..... Legends Sabretooth! That is me caught up on Legends, well, on everything really. Sort of, I am caught up on everything that is available at a price I’m willing to pay. Wouldn’t mind getting a preorder in on that Amazon X-Men set. I think I’m in a good place though. My brain has been testing me by suggesting things I might like, but nothing has clicked yet. I've popped in a preorder for Springer to calm my nerves. He looks too good, still passing on Optimus and Omega for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment