Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Post

So I may as well get this out of the way; I'm a geek. I collect Transformers and other toys and dammit, I enjoy it!

My reason for starting this blog is to share my thoughts on this hobby with other such geeks, as well as various musings on all aspects of life.

So where did it all start? Well inevitably I suppose in childhood. My first Transformer was the dinobot Slag. I reckon I must have got him in about 1986 or so, he's long gone now but somehow I've managed to keep his sword and his successor proudly holds it as a reminder of that first bot.

I managed to accumulate a few over those childhood years but eventually they were almost all broken, thrown away or given away. Grimlock and Powermaster Optimus Prime are the only ones of note I have left and I consider them both to be among my most prized figures.

When I got to secondary school peer pressure meant that I couldn't really be seen to like Transformers anymore and G1 was pretty much dead so it just sort of fell by the wayside. Once in a while I'd watch a few of the videos I had, but pretty much it was just at the back of my mind.

When I was college I decided to venture back to the toy shop and found something new: Beast Wars, I picked up a few but it didn't really feel the same as those original childhood figures. Again a few years passed and then I saw the Transformers: The Movie had been released on DVD. It was all downhill from there, I decided to get more videos, then to collect the rest of the dinobot figures (I had Grimlock and a beaten up Sludge). Then came the Takara Collection reissues, Star Wars Transformers, WST, Classics and then non-Transformers toys. Oh dear......

No comments:

Post a Comment